Chocolate or vanilla? Why not both? If pudding is your thing, make these easy and delicious dairy-free coconut milk pudding cups. Thickened with arrowroot starch and sweetened with a little maple syrup, they’re just as good as traditional pudding (or maybe even better).
1. Warm up the coconut milk and almond milk in a medium saucepan on medium-low heat. When warm, whisk to loosen up the coconut milk and add the arrowroot and cocoa powder (if making the chocolate flavor). Whisk until dissolved.
2. Add the maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt. Continue to whisk for a few minutes until the pudding begins to thicken.
3. Pour into a container, cover with a lid and let chill for at least 1 hour before serving for optimum texture.
4. Repeat the same steps (and skip the cocoa powder) for the vanilla flavor.
5. Enjoy one flavor or layer them up for a bit of both.