Potato lovers, gather ‘round! These crispy smashed potatoes and their accompanying avocado pesto are next level delicious. Bonus points→ they’re 100% vegan.
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add in the potatoes. Lower to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes until fork-tender.
2. Meanwhile, add all of the ingredients of the avocado pesto sauce into the bowl of a food processor. Process until the basil is finely chopped. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Drain the water from the pot of potatoes and transfer them onto the baking sheet. Use a flat-bottomed glass to flatten each one until just smashed but not broken apart.
5. Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden-brown and crispy.
6. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and serve with hefty dollops of avocado pesto.