What happens when farro meets risotto? Farrotto, of course! Easily, our favorite celeb couple out there.
1. In a medium saucepan, warm up the vegetable broth. Keep on very low heat while you work.
2. In a large pot, heat the olive oil and saute the chopped onion and minced garlic until the onion is translucent.
3. Add the chopped mushrooms and cook until softened. Add the fresh thyme and season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
4. Add the farro and cook until almost all of the liquid in the pot has been absorbed.
5. Add the ¾ cup water and juice of half a lemon (about ½ tbsp) and stir every now and then. When most of the water has been absorbed, add the warm vegetable broth and stir again. Cover and cook for 45-50 mins, stirring every 15 mins until the farro is cooked and the mixture has thickened.
6. Add the grated cheese and frozen peas. Stir until the cheese is melted and the peas have thawed. Remove from the heat and let rest, covered, for 5 minutes before serving for maximum creaminess.
7. Serve topped with more grated cheese and chopped parsley.