These zesty, lemon and lavender-flavored cookies will have your home smelling like the fields of Provence. They’re soft, vegan and gluten-free to boot!
1. In a small bowl, make a flax egg by mixing the flaxseed meal and water. Stir and let thicken for a few minutes.
2. Grind the lavender petals in a coffee grinder and place them in a medium bowl.
3. To the same bowl, add the almond meal, salt and baking soda. Whisk to combine.
4. Add the wet ingredients: maple syrup, coconut, vanilla extract, lemon zest and the flax egg. Mix to combine.
5. Set the bowl in the fridge for 10 minutes while you preheat the oven to 325F.
6. Roll the dough into small balls and press a little to flatten. Place the cookies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, until the bottoms of the cookies are browned and they are not too soft to the touch.
8. Let cool before serving.