Chickpea flour gives these kale chips a protein-packed, crispy coating for a salty snack you can feel great about. Coat each leaf with the chickpea flour mixture and bake until golden-brown and crunchy.
1. In a large bowl, mix the chickpea flour with the water. Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine and let the mixture sit to thicken.
2. Meanwhile, wash the bunch of kale and remove the stems. Cut the leaves into desired sizes. Pat them dry with a paper towel and set aside.
3. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 400F.
4. Dip each piece of kale into the chickpea flour batter to coat well. Set onto the parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes. Then, flip each piece, rotate each tray, and bake for another 10-15 minutes until crispy and golden-brown.
5. Let cool a little for maximum crispiness.