Searching for the perfect vegan loaf? This lentil vegetable loaf is held together with flaxseed meal, oat flour and tomato paste, and slathered in a sweet, tangy maple syrup glaze. When the flavors are combined and all is said and done, no one will be missing meat at all.
1. Toast the walnuts in a pan or toaster oven until browned and fragrant. Set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a medium pan and sauté the onions, garlic, celery and carrot until tender.
3. Preheat the oven to 375F and grease a loaf pan with olive oil.
4. Add the sautéed vegetables, cooked lentils, toasted walnuts, and all other loaf ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until well combined but still a little gritty.
5. Press the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
6. Mix the glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
7. Pour the glaze over the loaf and spread evenly to coat. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
8. Uncover the loaf and bake for another 5-8 minutes.
9. Let cool before removing from the pan and slicing.