This vegan burrito bowl subs farro in for rice and features roasted sweet potatoes, peppers, and a smoky, cheesy sauce made with nutritional yeast and cashews.
1. Soak the raw cashews in hot water 1 hour before beginning.
2. Preheat the oven to 425F.
3. Chop the sweet potatoes, bell pepper and onions. Line two half baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the sweet potatoes on one and the bell pepper and onions on the other. Toss the sweet potatoes with the minced garlic, some salt and pepper and 2 tbsp olive oil. Toss the second tray with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 35-40 mins, checking in on the onion tray at around 15-20 minutes. (The onions and bell pepper will cook faster, so remove them first and let the sweet potatoes continue to roast.)
4. Meanwhile, add the farro to a medium pot with 2 ½ cups of water. Bring to a boil and let it simmer until all of the water has been absorbed. Season with salt, to taste, at the end.
5. Then, in a medium pan, toast the pumpkin seeds until golden-brown. Toss continuously to avoid burning. The seeds will make a popping noise when they are ready.
6. To make the dressing: add all of the ingredients into the bowl of a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
7. When all of the ingredients are ready, assemble a bowl by adding farro as the base, then topping with the roasted vegetables, black beans, cilantro, guacamole and pumpkin seeds. Pour on the dressing and enjoy!