TVP chunks add a meaty texture to this vegan version of a take-out favorite: stir fry! Cook and serve with your favorite kind of rice.
1. Cook rice according to package instructions.
2. Soak the TVP chunks in the vegetable broth for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, chop all of the vegetables and set aside.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients.
5. Once it is hydrated, toss the TVP with arrowroot flour, baking soda and soy sauce.
6. In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp sesame oil and add the TVP. Pan fry until browned, then remove from the pan and set aside.
7. Add another tbsp sesame oil to the pan. Add the peppers, water chestnuts, garlic and ginger paste. Sauté for a minute, then add the sauce.
8. Simmer for a few minutes before adding the cashews and green onions.
9. Remove from the heat.
10. Garnish with more green onions and roasted cashews. Serve with rice.