If you’ve never tried these tiny bead-like legumes, this recipe is a solid introduction. Roasted carrots and cauliflower come together with nutty green mung beans for a cumin-spiced delight.
1. Add the mung beans and water to a medium pot and bring them to a boil. Let the beans simmer until they are tender and the water is absorbed (about 30 minutes).
2. Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Cut the onion, cauliflower and carrots and place them in a large bowl. Add 2 tbsp olive oil, the minced garlic and 2 tsp salt. Toss to coat the vegetables in the oil and spread them onto the baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until fork-tender.
4. Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining the remaining olive oil, the red wine vinegar, cumin and 1 tsp salt to taste. Whisk until combined.
5. When the beans are cooked and the vegetables are roasted, mix them together and toss with the dressing.