Spooky season is officially here and we are ready for all things pumpkin spice. Including a fall twist on our favorite movie night snack.
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut sugar, pumpkin spice seasoning and salt. Set aside.
2. Heat a large skillet and melt ½ tsp coconut oil, tilting the pan to coat the inside.
3. Place 3 kernels in the skillet and shake them around to get them coated in the oil. Cover the skillet, shake occasionally to prevent burning, and wait until they have popped.
4. Then, add the remaining kernels to the skillet, shaking often to make sure they don’t burn. Once they have popped, pour them into a large bowl and set aside.
5. Reduce to a very low heat and, in the same pan, melt the other 1 tsp coconut oil. Then, add the pumpkin spice and coconut sugar mixture. Stir until smooth and melted.
6. Pour the popcorn back into the pan and stir quickly with a silicone spoon until the caramel is evenly distributed. Remove from the heat and dust with a little more pumpkin spice seasoning before serving, if desired.