Who’d say “no” to Italian flavors neatly rolled up in whole wheat dough? Not us! Sun-dried tomatoes, Kalamata olives and artichoke hearts shine in this portable and easy meal.
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the warm water, yeast, sugar and 1 tbsp olive oil. Let rest for 5-10 minutes, until the yeast has foamed up.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450F and line two half baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and salt. When the yeast mixture is ready, pour it in and mix with your hands until the dough comes together. If the mixture is too dry, add another ½ tbsp of olive oil and little splashes of water until a dough forms.
4. Turn the dough out onto your working surface and knead it a few times. Divide it into two equal pieces and roll them out into rectangles.
5. Spread the pizza sauce evenly on top, leaving an inch margin all around. Sprinkle on the shredded cheese and add the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and artichoke hearts. Starting from the width (shorter side), carefully roll the dough forward onto itself to create a log. Using a very sharp knife, cut off the 1-inch ends at each side. Then slice the log into 1 ½ inch segments. Set them spiral side up onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle on some more cheese.
6. Repeat with the second rectangle of dough.
7. Bake on the top rack for 12-15 minutes.
8. Serve warm.