These chewy, chocolatey brownies have those classic crinkly tops with an unexpected twist: romantic notes of lavender.
1. Grind 2 tbsp of lavender petals into a coffee grinder. Measure out 1 tbsp and add it into a food processor with 1 cup cane sugar. Process for 15-20 seconds, until the lavender and sugar are combined.
2. Preheat the oven to 350F and grease an 8x8 metal pan or a 9-inch round pan with coconut oil and set it aside.
3. In a small, microwave-safe bowl, add the coconut oil and ½ cup chocolate chips. Heat for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate has completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
4. Pour the coconut oil mixture into a large bowl and add in the lavender sugar. Whisk until it begins to dissolve, then add in the almond milk and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
5. Add the dry ingredients: the flour, the cocoa powder and the salt. Mix until just incorporated. If you want punchy lavender flavor and extra chocolate, you can fold in another ½ tsp of the ground lavender and another ½ cup chocolate chips. (This is recommended but optional.)
6. Pour the batter into the greased pan and smooth the top with a spoon. Bake for 30 minutes.
7. Let cool for another 30 minutes before removing from the pan and cutting. Sprinkle with more lavender, if desired.