Bake yourself a French bakery staple: crispy, crusty fresh baguettes!
1. Add the flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl. Pour in the warm water and mix to combine. (If your mixture is too dry, keep adding water in little splashes until the dough comes together.)
2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rest for at least 12 hours. (You can leave it up to 20 hours max.)
3. When the time is up, the dough will be wet and sticky. Generously flour two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Flour your hands as well. Then, split the dough into 4 equal pieces and shape them into baguettes. Use a sharp knife to cut lines diagonally across the top. Dust the tops with more flour, cover with a towel and let rest for another 1-2 hours.
4. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 450F and boil 2 cups of water.
5. Place the baguettes on a higher shelf and place a tray on a lower shelf. Fill the lower tray with the boiled water and bake for 10 minutes. The steam will give the baguettes a crispy crust.
6. Carefully remove the tray of water and continue baking the bread for another 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.