Why buy it at the store if you can make it yourself? If you have the time, whipping up your own pot of applesauce has its benefits: organic apples, no added sweeteners or preservatives and a sweet smelling home.
1. Peel and core the apples, then cut them into small pieces.
2. Add them to a large pot with the water, lemon juice and cinnamon.
3. Cook on medium-low heat for about 30 minutes, until soft enough to mash with a fork. If needed, add more water a small splash at a time.
4. Remove the pot from the heat and mash the apples with a potato masher until smooth.
5. Serve sprinkled with more cinnamon.