Leave plant milk and these vegan date and chocolate chip hemp seed cookies out for Santa this Christmas! Made with whole wheat flour, rolled oats and protein powder, they’ll be the healthiest sweet treats he eats on Christmas Eve.
1. Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, add the flour, oats, hemp protein powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine,
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
4. In a small bowl, add the flaxseed meal and almond milk. Whisk until thickened, then add it into the medium bowl with the wet mixture. Stir again until everything is combined.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix gently to combine. Fold in the dates and chocolate chips.
6. Using a tablespoon measure, scoop the dough and shape it into balls. Place each ball onto the baking sheet and flatten a little before baking.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, until the cookies are solid to the touch and the bottoms are golden-brown.