These scallop shaped lavender and grapefruit-infused cakes are sweet, fragrant and the perfect addition to any dessert table.
1. Brush your madeleine pan with melted butter and dust it with gluten free flour. Place it in the freezer.
2. In a small bowl, mix the glaze ingredients and set aside.
3. Then, in a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, add the eggs and sugar. Use a hand mixer to mix them together for 5 minutes, until the mixture thickens. Add the vanilla extract and grapefruit zest, then mix again.
5. While mixing, gradually pour in the melted butter until it is incorporated. Then, add the dry ingredients ⅓ at a time, folding the batter as you go, just until everything is evenly mixed. (Do not overmix.)
6. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for one hour.
7. When the hour is almost up, preheat the oven to 425F.
8. Remove your prepared madeleine pan from the freezer and spoon in the batter about ¾ the way into each mold. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the madeleines have risen and turned golden.
9. Flip them out of the mold and brush with the glaze. Sprinkle with more lavender petals for extra lavender flavor.