This gluten free version of Polish fruit-filled dumplings are just as sweet and jammy in the center as the traditional kind. Sprinkle with shredded coconut or dollop some coconut yogurt on top to serve.
1. Wash the blueberries and dry them well. Place them in a medium bowl and mix with 1 tsp gluten free flour and the sugar. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Make a well in the center and crack the egg into it. Whisk everything together until well combined.
3. Add the milk and water. Mix well and add more water in little splashes (only if needed), until the dough comes together.
4. Fill a large pot with plenty of water. Add 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp olive oil. Bring it to a boil
5. Meanwhile, roll the dough as thin as possible without tearing it. Use a round cookie cutter or the lid of a jar (ideally 3.5 inches) to cut out circles of dough.
6. Fill each circle with about 1 tbsp of the blueberry mixture. Do not overfill or they will tear.
7. Fold the dough over the filling and press the edges together to seal the pierogis. Set them aside on a large plate or tray until the water begins to boil.
8. When the water boils, reduce it to a simmer and lower a layer of pierogies inside. Make sure they are covering the bottom of the pan and not resting on top of each other.
9. Cook for 10-11 minutes, remove from the pot, and repeat with the remaining pierogies.
10. Serve topped with shredded coconut, or coconut yogurt.