Who says tea is just for sipping? Throw convention aside and grab your prettiest bundt pan for this delicious gluten-free earl grey banana cake. Sweetened with ripe bananas and honey and made with almond meal and buckwheat flour, this cake is soft, moist (sorry, we had to) and delicious. The bananas hit your taste buds first but the earl grey comes sailing in with a unique flavor all its own.
1. Steep 2 tsp earl grey tea leaves in a cup of boiled water for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 10-cup bundt pan with coconut oil.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together the almond meal, buckwheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and ground tea leaves in a medium bowl.
4. In a larger bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, coconut yogurt, honey, eggs, vanilla extract until everything is combined and smooth. Stir in the brewed and slightly cooled tea.
5. Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and stir to combine. (Do not overmix.) Pour the batter into the greased bundt pan.
6. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Let cool before removing from the bundt pan. Dust with confectioner’s xylitol and serve!