These crunchy sesame breadsticks can be dipped in anything savory or sweet. Like hummus! Or chocolate spread! Or peanut butter! Yup, even jam! Pick your favorites and dig right in.
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
2. Pour the sesame seeds onto another sheet of parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, add the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, instant yeast, salt and sugar. Whisk to combine.
4. Add the olive oil and water. Mix until a dough forms. (If the dough is too dry, add little splashes of water until it comes together.)
5. Knead the dough on a lightly-floured surface for 2-3 minutes.
6. Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll them into breadstick shape. One by one, place them on the parchment paper covered with sesame seeds. Roll them around until they are covered with seeds, then place them on the baking sheet.
7. Let the breadsticks rise for 1 hour. They will double in size.
8. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 325F.
9. Bake for 25 minutes, then flip and bake the other side for another 20 minutes.
10. Turn off the oven and let the breadsticks cool inside with the door propped open with a wooden spoon for 10 minutes.
11. Remove the tray from the oven and let the breadsticks cool completely on the counter.