Coconut lovers: add this treat to your list of movie night essentials. Coconut oil gives this kettle corn a slight flavor, which is intensified by the dried coconut you’ll be mixing in. Coconut sugar becomes somewhat caramelized and gives the popcorn an addictive crunchy coating. So get to popping, grab a movie and curl up on the couch with your sweet and salty snack.
1. In a small bowl, mix the coconut sugar and salt and set aside.
2. Add the coconut oil and 3 popcorn kernels in a large pot over medium-low heat. When the 3 kernels have all popped, pour in the rest of the popcorn kernels and give the pot a good shake to coat them all with coconut oil.
3. Pour the coconut sugar and salt mixture over the kernels and shake again to coat.
4. Keep shaking to the pot for 3 seconds at a time and resting for 3 seconds at a time to prevent the popcorn from burning.
5. When the popcorn begins to pop continuously, shake the pot without stopping until most of the kernels have popped. Remove the pot from the heat and immediately pour the popcorn into a large bowl.
6. Let it cool for a few minutes before mixing in the freeze-dried raspberries, shredded coconut and coconut chips, then enjoy!