These festive chocolate peppermint madeleines will dress up your dessert table and delight your guests.They’re almost too pretty to eat.
1. Prepare a madeleine pan (round shape) by brushing the molds with melted butter.
2. Sift your flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl and add the baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
3. In another bowl, add the eggs, sugar, vanilla and peppermint extracts. Using a hand mixer, beat the mixture for 10 minutes, until it has thickened and tripled in volume.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently fold until combined.
5. Divide the batter equally into 9 madeleine molds and place the pan in the freezer for 20 minutes.
6. When the 20 minutes are almost up, preheat the oven to 350F.
7. Bake the madeleines for 11-12 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and let the madeleines cool in the pan before removing them.
9. When they have cooled, dip the madeleines in melted chocolate and sprinkle them with crushed candy canes.