No, they don’t taste like chicken nuggets, but they are delicious just the same. These bites of seasoned chickpea goodness have a crispy exterior and great flavor. They check all the boxes for easy-peasy finger food for kids and adults alike!
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add the chickpeas, rolled oats, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper to the bowl of a food processor and process until you get a moldable mixture. If it’s too dry, you can add a splash of water to the processor.
3. One handful at a time, shape the mixture into nugget shapes.
4. Fill one bowl with almond milk or the whisked egg, and another with the almond meal, turmeric, salt, freshly ground pepper and cayenne. Whisk the almond meal mixture until well combined.
5. Dunk each nugget into the almond milk or whisked egg, then coat in the almond meal mixture.
6. Place on the parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping the nuggets 15 minutes in.
7. Serve with ketchup, mustard or your favorite dip.