These healthy muffins are loaded with carrots, walnuts, raisins and shredded coconut. Made with rolled oats and whole wheat flour, they’re good for the heart and soul.
1. Preheat the oven to 425F and grease or line a 12 cup muffin tin.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pastry flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and clove.
3. In a small bowl, make the flax eggs by mixing together the flaxseed meal and 6 tbsp water. Let thicken for 5 mins.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the almond milk, greek yogurt, maple syrup, mashed banana and vanilla extract. Add the flax mixture and mix well to combine. Fold in the rolled oats to help them soften before baking time.
5. Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine. Add the shredded carrots, chopped walnuts, shredded coconut and raisins and mix again.
6. Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes, until firm to the touch.
7. Let cool a little before removing from the muffin tin.