This soft, chewy loaf is made with sweet potatoes and a blend of gluten-free flours. Cinnamon, cardamom and orange hit your taste buds first, followed by the sweet starchiness of sweet potatoes. Chopped almonds and a generous sprinkle of pumpkin seeds bring a delicate crunch to each slice of this delicious vegan loaf.
1. Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Poke holes in the sweet potatoes and bake for 30-40 minutes until fork-tender.
2. Allow the sweet potatoes to cool, then peel them.
3. Place in the bowl of a food processor and add the other ingredients (except the walnuts and pumpkin seeds). Process until smooth.
4. Line a bread pan with parchment paper and pour the batter in. Smooth the top and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
5. Reduce the oven temperature to 350F and bake for 55 minutes to an hour, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Let cool before removing from the pan and serving.