Vegetables, grains and plant-based protein make this salad a balanced meal. This big batch recipe easily serves four.
1. Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Slice the cabbage and add it to a large bowl. Pour the dressing in and toss, then set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Cut the carrots and toss them with 2 tbsp sesame oil. Sprinkle them with sesame seeds and salt. Spread them on the baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, add the farro and water to a pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the water is absorbed and the farro is fluffy. This should take about 20 minutes.
6. Heat the remaining tablespoon of sesame oil in a pan. Cut the firm tofu into rectangles and fry them on medium high heat until golden and crispy.
7. When the farro, carrots and tofu are ready, let them cool for 5-10 minutes before tossing them in with the cabbage.
8. Assemble and serve!