These oven-baked tater tots are made of more broccoli than potatoes. Chickpea flour helps the mixture hold together and adds a protein boost to these vegan snacks. Serve alongside the tangy coconut yogurt dipping sauce for a mouth-watering combo.
1. Fill a medium pot with water and bring it to a boil. Toss in the chopped broccoli stems and the chopped potato and reduce to a simmer. Boil for 5 minutes.
2. Then, add the broccoli florets to the pot. Boil for an additional few minutes until everything is fork-tender.
3. Drain the water from the pot and let the vegetables cool.
4. Preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. In a large bowl, add the chopped onion. Use a knife to finely chop the boiled broccoli and potato (until almost completely mashed), then add them to the bowl. Add the chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Stir it all together until well combined.
6. Using a large spoon, gather up the mixture in your hands and shape it into cylindrical tots. Repeat until there is no more mixture left. (If the mixture doesn’t fold together, add more chickpea flour.)
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the bottoms of the tots are browned.
8. Meanwhile, whisk all the dipping sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
9. When the tots are baked, let them cool for 5 minutes before serving alongside the sauce.