Lemon, lavender and blueberry come together in this bright and floral vegan pastry.
1. Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Grind the lavender petals in a coffee grinder.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the buckwheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, flaxseed meal, salt, sugar and ground lavender petals.
4. Add the coconut oil and mix everything together with your hands until you get a crumbly texture. Then, add the almond milk, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Mix until just combined and gently fold in the blueberries until they are evenly distributed.
5. Shape the dough into a flat circle and sprinkle the top with more cane sugar. Cut the circle into 8 equal pieces.
6. Bake for 25-28 minutes, until golden brown.
7. Sprinkle with more lavender petals and let cool a little before serving.