Fruity and floral with a touch of citrus, these blueberry baked oats look and taste irresistible. Don’t want to fire up the oven? Bake them up in a toaster oven instead.
1. Grind the lavender petals in a coffee grinder and set aside.
2. Add the blueberries and almond milk to a blender and blend until smooth. Measure the mixture again at the end to make sure you have 1 ⅓ cup.
3. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl and mix in the flour, ground lavender petals, honey, lemon juice, vanilla extract, baking powder, egg and salt. Stir until smooth, then pour into 2 ramekins.
4. Preheat the oven (or use a toaster oven) to 375F and bake for 20 minutes.
5. In the meantime, add the jam ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook on low heat until the blueberries are mashable with the back of a wooden spoon. Stir until the mixture has thickened.
6. When the baked oats are ready, top them with the jam and a little lemon zest, if desired.