This chewy black sesame cake gets its soft texture from sweet rice flour and its wonderful depth of flavor from black sesame seeds.
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and brush a 9x13 pan with melted coconut oil.
2. In a medium pan, toast the sesame seeds until fragrant. Make sure to stir them often to prevent burning.
3. Working in batches, grind the toasted sesame seeds in a coffee grinder until powdery.
4. Add the ground sesame into a large bowl and whisk in the coconut oil and sugar. Whisk until smooth.
5. Then, add the eggs and whisk again until smooth.
6. Next, whisk in the coconut milk and cream, followed by the sweet rice flour, salt and baking powder.
7. Pour the batter into the greased pan and sprinkle with black and white sesame seeds.
8. Bake for 1 hour.
9. Let cool for 30 minutes before removing from the pan and cutting.