These bite-sized pancakes don’t need any added sweetener, because they’re literally ripe bananas dipped in batter. As they cook, the bananas get caramelized, giving each pancake a soft, sweet center.
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients, except the bananas, coconut oil, and shredded coconut. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, peel the bananas and slice them into ½ inch rounds. Heat a non-stick skillet and grease it with a little coconut oil or butter.
3. Using a fork, lower each banana slice into the batter. Let the excess batter run off before placing the battered banana on the pan. Cook until one side is lightly browned, then flip to cook the opposite side.
4. Repeat until the banana slices are finished. (If you have excess batter, cook them as you would normal pancakes and eat them drizzled with honey or maple syrup.)
5. Top with shredded coconut and serve.