This socca is every chickpea lover’s dream. Dotted with chickpeas, elevated with sun-dried tomatoes and seasoned with basil, this chickpea flour flatbread is sure to please.
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, water, olive oil, garlic powder, dried basil and salt. Set aside for 30 minutes.
2. When the 30 minutes are almost up, preheat the oven to 450F and brush two 6 inch cast iron skillets (or a 10 inch skillet) with olive oil. Place them in the oven to heat up as well.
3. When the time is up, use oven mitts to remove the skillets from the oven. Divide the socca batter evenly between the skillets and top them with the chickpeas and sun-dried tomatoes.
4. Place them back into the oven and bake for 8 minutes.
5. When the socca is ready, carefully remove the skillets and top the center of each socca with a dollop of pesto, more dried basil, sun-dried tomatoes and chickpeas. Serve warm.