Breadcrumbs, who? Go gluten-free with these baked zucchini fries, which are coated with oat float and nutritional yeast. Dip them in a tangy yogurt dill sauce for a mouth-watering combo you won’t soon forget.
1. Prepare the coating by mixing the oat flour, nutritional yeast, salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
2. In another bowl, whisk the 3 eggs and set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Cut the ends off the zucchini and slice them in half. Slice them into thick pieces and dip them in the eggs, then in the oat flour mixture to coat. Place them on the baking sheet. Repeat until all the zucchini pieces are coated.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, flip the fries and bake for another 20 minutes.
6. Remove the tray from the oven and brush both sides of the fries with more of the beaten egg and sprinkle with nutritional yeast. Bake each side for another 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
7. While the fries are baking, dissolve the buttermilk powder in 4 tbsp water. Then add the rest of the dipping sauce ingredients and mix together until combined.
8. Serve together for maximum deliciousness!