Here’s a pizza you can feel great about. Whole wheat dough is jazzed up with nutritional yeast and garlic powder, then slathered in tomato sauce, sprinkled with melty mozzarella and piled high with hearty vegetables.
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the warm water, yeast, sugar and 1 tbsp olive oil. Let rest for 5-10 minutes, until the yeast has foamed up.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and salt. When the yeast mixture is ready, pour it in and mix with your hands until the dough comes together. If the mixture is too dry, add another ½ tbsp of olive oil and little splashes of water until a dough forms.
3. Turn the dough out onto your working surface and knead it a few times. Divide it into two equal pieces and roll them out as thin as possible.
4. Line two half baking sheets with parchment paper and place a pizza crust on each. Preheat the oven to 450F.
5. Add pizza sauce, cheese and toppings.
6. Bake each pizza on the top rack for 12-15 minutes, until the crusts are browned and the toppings are cooked.