Does anything say “I <3 you” like chocolate-dipped strawberries? What if the chocolate itself was homemade, vegan and organic? Now that’s amore! Whip up a quick batch of these elegant desserts, which are sure to impress your hot date this Valentine’s Day.
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Add a few inches of water to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Place a large bowl on top (make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water directly) and fill it with the cocoa butter chunks. Stir until the chunks melt.
3. Add the maple syrup and whisk to combine.
4. Then add in the cocoa powder and stir again, until a smooth melted chocolate forms.
5. Remove the chocolate from the heat and dip your strawberries in. Sprinkle the chocolate-dipped part with the crushed hazelnuts and place on the baking sheet to set.
6. Repeat until all your strawberries are coated. If your house is warm, you may have to place the baking sheet in the fridge to set.