This pomegranate kale salad tossed with orange honey dressing is so good, it can win the hearts of kale skeptics anywhere. Toasted walnuts and fluffy farro add texture and substance to this mouth-watering and healthy mix.
1. In a small pot, add the farro and water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook until the water is absorbed and the farro is fluffy and soft (about 20 minutes). Season with salt, to taste.
2. While the farro cooks, massage the kale in a large bowl with the olive oil and salt until soft. Add the chopped onion, dried cranberries and pomegranate seeds.
3. When the farro is cooked, remove from the heat and set aside to cool a little.
4. In a small pan, toast the walnuts until fragrant and browned. Set aside.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
6. Add the farro and walnuts to the salad bowl and toss with the dressing.