These unsweetened beet crepes are the perfect blanket for the sweet and savory goodness inside. Added bonus: they’re gluten free!
1. To prepare the filling: preheat the oven to 425F and grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
2. Peel and cut the beets and toss them with the olive oil and salt. Spread them evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
3. Stir the beets and bake for another 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the balsamic vinegar and honey. When the 10 minutes are up, add the balsamic-honey to the beets and stir to coat. Bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
4. To make the crepes: In a large bowl, whisk the two eggs. Then add all the remaining crepe ingredients and whisk again until smooth. Let the batter rest for 15 minutes. When the 15 minutes are almost up, heat a pan or crepe maker to medium-high heat and spray it with cooking spray. Pour the batter ¼ cup at a time and spread it evenly in the pan/crepe maker. Cook for about a minute, then flip and cook the other side. If the batter thickens too much while you work, whisk in between scoops to loosen it up.
5. When all the batter is cooked, fill each crepe with the balsamic beets, goat cheese and crushed walnuts. Sprinkle with chopped dill and serve.