Pancakes get a high-protein makeover with these soft, citrusy pancakes sweetened with ripe bananas and scented with orange zest and orange blossom water. Their base is a mixture of egg whites, protein powder, chia seeds and just a dash of oat flour, so they’re light, moist, fluffy and low in carbs.
1. In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas until smooth.
2. Add the vanilla extract, egg whites, orange zest, orange juice and orange blossom water. Mix well to combine.
3. Mix in the almond protein powder, oat flour, cinnamon powder, baking powder and chia seeds. Whisk everything together.
4. Heat up a large pan or griddle and grease with cooking spray or coconut oil.
5. Once the pan is hot, pour the batter ¼ cup at a time and cook until bubbles form and pop at the surface of each pancake. This takes about 1 minute. Flip to cook the other side for another minute.
6. Repeat until the batter is finished. Dust with confectioner’s erythritol or powdered sugar to serve.