Italian spices and mushrooms bring texture and flavor to these vegan TVP meatballs that are lightly pan-fried to perfection.
1. In a medium pot, bring the vegetable broth to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the TVP. Let the TVP hydrate for 10 minutes.
2. In a large pan, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic until the onions are soft and translucent. Add the mushrooms, Italian seasoning, dried parsley, smoked paprika, nutritional yeast, and soy sauce. Cook until the mushrooms have softened.
3. Pour the TVP and the mushroom mixture into a large bowl and use an immersion blender to blend everything together. Then, mix in the rolled oats and chickpea flour. Set this mixture aside for 10 minutes.
4. Use your hands to shape the mixture into “meatballs” and pan fry until cooked on all sides.
5. Serve with your favorite marinara sauce.