This one’s for the squash squad: a holiday side salad that can double as a main. Maple-roasted delicata squash brings a sweet, caramelized quality to this showstopper, while pomegranate and pumpkin seeds bring the perfect crunch.
Feta hits you with a tang and good old quinoa and arugula tie it all together. Is your mouth watering yet?
1. Preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, maple syrup and salt. Add the squash slices and toss to coat.
3. Arrange the squash on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven and flip each slice to roast the other side. Place back in the oven to roast for another 10 minutes.
4. When ready, place on a bed of arugula. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds, dried mulberries and feta cheese. Add the cooked quinoa.
5. Make the dressing by mixing the olive oil, fig balsamic vinegar and salt to taste. Dress the salad and add some freshly cracked pepper.
Serves: 2-3 people