Sweet rice flour gives these pancakes a perfectly soft, chewy texture. The sweet, syrupy cinnamon apple filling will keep you reaching for these Korean goodies time and time again.
1. In a large bowl, mix the flours with the sugar, coconut oil, yeast and salt.
2. Add the water and knead until you get a soft, elastic dough. Shape it into a ball and brush it with some melted coconut oil. Let rise for 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, in a small pot, add all of the apple filling ingredients and simmer until the apples are soft and syrupy. Let cool.
4. Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces and roll them into circles. Fill the center of each with the apple filling (use a slotted spoon to lift the apple and not too much of the liquid) and fold the edges of the circles toward the center to seal the opening.
5. Heat (medium-low) and grease a large pan with some coconut oil. Cook each side of the pancakes for 3 minutes, gently pressing down with a spatula as they cook.
6. Serve warm, drizzled with the syrup left over from the cooked apples.