How to describe this cake? Much. Chocolate. Dark chocolate, butter, and coconut sugar come together with a smidge of gluten free flour to make this rich, gooey, decadent molten chocolate confection. Perfect for Valentine’s Day, your birthday, or any day you deem worthy.
1. Preheat the oven to 450F.
2. Brush two 8 oz ramekins (or four 4-oz ramekins) with melted butter and dust with cocoa powder.
3. Place the butter, chocolate and salt in a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
4. Add in the coconut sugar, gluten-free flour, vanilla extract, eggs and egg yolks. Whisk until everything is well combined.
5. Divide the batter into two ramekins, filling them about ¾ of the way (the cakes will rise while baking) and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove them from the oven once they are set but still jiggly for a gooey middle.
6. Let them rest for 30 sec-1 min before turning them out. (Use towels to do this step as the ramekins will be hot!)
7. Dust with confectioners xylitol, top with berries and serve immediately.