This festive cherry galette is the perfect addition to the dessert table any time of the year. Orange zest balances the sweetness of the cherries and honey roasted almonds add a delightful crunch to this gluten-free treat.
1. Combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, salt and coconut oil in a food processor and pulse. Add an egg and process until the dough comes together. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the cherry pie filling with the orange zest. Set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 375F.
4. Roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper into a 9-inch circle. Spoon the filling into the middle, leaving 2 inches around the perimeter. Use the parchment paper under the galette to gently fold the edges over the filling. Press down lightly to smooth out any cracks. Beat an egg and brush the edges of the galette with it. Sprinkle some cane sugar on top of the crust.
5. Lift the parchment paper with the galette on top and place it on a baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden-brown.
6. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with honey-roasted almond slivers. Let cool for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.