Put the lime in the coconut and savor every bite of this vegan TVP stir fry.
1. In a medium bowl, add the TVP, vegetable broth, salt, soy sauce and tapioca flour. Stir and let hydrate for 5-10 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, dissolve the coconut milk powder in warm water and set aside.
3. Add rice and water to a pot and cook according to package instructions.
4. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet and add 1 tsp coconut oil. Add the TVP and sauté on medium high heat until browned. Remove the cooked TVP from the pan and set aside.
5. In the same pan, add another tsp of coconut oil and sauté the onion until soft and translucent.
6. Add the minced garlic cloves and sauté for a minute. Then, add the soy sauce, ginger paste, lime juice, lime zest and coconut milk. Stir to combine. Then, add the snow peas and mushrooms.
7. Cook the vegetables for 10-15 minutes, then toss in the cooked TVP and let everything simmer together for 5 minutes before removing from the heat.
8. Serve with rice.