Fill your home with the cozy scent of Christmas with these classic gingerbread cookies.
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and salt.
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and water.
4. Add the wet to the dry and mix to combine.
5. Roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper to ¼ inch thickness. Use a cookie cutter to shape the dough and place it on the baking sheets.
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes, then remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
7. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.