These vegan tacos are piled with guacamole and deliciously spiced chickpeas. Dollops of creamy cashew sauce make for the perfect topping.
1. Start prepping for this recipe the night before. Soak the cashews in hot water and set aside. Soak the chickpeas in plenty of room temp water and set aside.
2. The next day, drain the chickpeas and rinse them. Add them to a pot with plenty of water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover the pot and cook until tender (1½ - 2 hrs).
3. Drain the cooked chickpeas and set aside.
4. In a pan, heat the olive oil, then add the chickpeas. Add the spices and ¼ cup water. Stir until the chickpeas are well coated with the spices. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, add the cashew cream ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
6. When the chickpeas are cooked, it’s assembly time! Fill the tortillas with guacamole, the spiced chickpeas and top with the cashew cream.