These mini matcha cakes get their chewy texture from sweet rice flour, the key ingredient in mochi. Paired with coconut, these sweet treats are both earthy and tropical.
1. Preheat the oven to 325F and brush a 6-hole muffin tin with melted coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the sweet rice flour, matcha powder, baking powder and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, honey, coconut oil, vanilla extract and the egg.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and mix well to combine.
5. Pour the batter into the greased muffin tin and sprinkle the shredded coconut on top. Bake for 25-30 mins.
6. Let cool for 15 minutes before removing the mini cakes from the tin.