This flavorful stir fry has it all: crunchy cashews, spicy/sweet sauce and deliciously sauteed chicken and vegetables. Chop all your ingredients ahead of time for a smooth, one-pan process from start to finish. Serve over quinoa, rice or grains for a filling, healthy and balanced meal.
1. Make the sauce by mixing all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat 1½ tbsp olive oil in a large skillet to medium-high heat.
3. Saute the vegetables and cook until fork-tender. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
4. Next, add the cashews to the same skillet. Stir often to toast (but not burn) them. Once they are browned a bit, remove the cashews from the pan and add them to the vegetable plate.
5. Add 1½ tbsp more olive oil to the skillet and increase the heat to high. Saute the chicken until brown and cooked through. Add the cashews and vegetables back to the skillet and pour the sauce in. Mix well to combine everything and let simmer for a few minutes.
6. Serve over brown rice, quinoa or grain of choice!
Serves: 3-4 people