Sorghum grain shines in this crunchy and colorful salad. Layered on a bed of arugula and accompanied with honey roasted butternut squash, hazelnuts and goat cheese, sorghum gives this salad a dose of healthy, filling whole grains.
1. Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small pot, cook the sorghum grain in 3 cups water until all the water is absorbed. This takes about an hour.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the olive oil, honey, minced garlic, dried rosemary, salt and pepper. Coat the cubed butternut squash with the mixture and place them on the baking sheet.
4. Roast for 25-30 minutes.
5. When the butternut squash is roasted, assemble the salad with arugula as the base, squash, sorghum, hazelnuts and goat cheese on top.
6. For the dressing, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
7. Dress the salad and enjoy!