Give your favorite chip and dip a boost of healthy fats by adding flaxseed meal and chia seeds to the mix. Here’s how:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside.
2. Cut each tortilla into 6 chip-shaped pieces. (You can layer them all and cut once to save time.)
3. In a large bag, add the nutritional yeast, flaxseed meal, salt and spices. Seal and shake the bag to mix.
4. Spray the tortillas with cooking spray and place them in the bag with the seasoning. Shake and rub until they are all coated.
5. Arrange the seasoned tortillas on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven and flip each one to bake the other side. Return to the oven and bake for another 5-6 minutes until crispy. (Keep in mind they will crisp up more as they cool.)
6. Once the chips are baked, make the chia guacamole.
7. In a medium bowl, add the avocados and mash them with a fork. Then, add the lime juice and chia seeds and mix to combine. Add the red onion, cilantro, tomatoes, jalapeño, smoked paprika and salt. Mix again until everything is combined.
8. Serve together with the chips.