If you’re into the chocolate + peppermint combo, you’ll love these festive gluten-free peppermint brownies. Soft, chewy and with just the right amount of minty freshness, these sweet treats are tailor-made for the holidays. Leave some out for Santa, or eat them all yourself. We won’t tell.
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil and the chocolate chips. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and the coconut sugar.
4. Pour the melted chocolate, extracts and salt into the bowl. Mix until combined.
5. Add the dry ingredients (almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda) and mix it all together. Fold in the second batch of chocolate chips.
6. Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
8. Let cool before removing from the dish and serving.